Programmer’s Notepad 1 was written in Delphi, and is still available for download for interested and dedicated users! All related items for PN 1 are available below:
Final PN 1 Download
This is the most recent stable release of Programmer’s Notepad 1,
an older version with a built-in hex editor. This is provided
mainly for users who want to stay with the older software.
- Support for an unlimited (and configurable) number of programming
languages / file types with syntax highlighting and file-type recognition
- Internet Explorer powered preview for HTML documents.
note: Internet Explorer 4+ required.
- Mozilla powered preview for HTML documents.
note: Mozilla ActiveX required.
- Hot-Switch between Mozilla and IE for previewing – no need to save your document first.
- Support for opening and saving UNIX file types.
- Comprehensive HEX editor.
- No file size limit (large files may load slowly as highlighted text).
- Automatic indenting.
- Advanced word-wrapping.
- High-Quality printing.
- Advanced bookmark operations.
- Helper Window Features:
- Project Manager
- File Browser
- Open File view
- Text-Clip Chooser.
- Powerful search and replace.
- Regular expressions support in search and replace.
- Find in Files. Thanks to GExperts (www.gexperts.org.)
- Quick-Search toolbar.
- Case change functions.
- Paste From File.
- MRU (Most Recently Used) files list.
- Extendable Tool-Launcher.
- Support for Schemes-Related external tools.
- Support for output capture from console-mode applications. (32-bit).
- Export to HTML and RTF.
- Support for custom plug-ins.
- Dockable toolbars, bookmark manager and multi-function helper window.
- My Folders “helper” toolbar.
- Combined Multiple and Single Document Interface:
Allows you to open an unlimited number of files for editing. You may then have
the best of both worlds by either using multiple windows, or a set of tabs to
switch between documents.
Last updated for: Version 1.2.
Add-ons for Programmer’s Notepad 1
These are the plugins and schemes available for PN1 that do not come
bundled. There are a large number of schemes included with the
SQL, Perl, AutoLISP and Visual Basic.
|Scheme Compiler||1.0||12/11/2000||Simon Steele||Click Here|
|HTML-Help Popup Help Builder||1.0||12/11/2000||Simon Steele||Click Here|
|Block Sort||1.0||18/09/2003||Alex Pierson||Click Here|
|Assembler (Pentium)||09/04/2000||Unknown||Click Here|
|Inno Setup||19/05/2000||CodeGeneration||Click Here|
|Mailtraq||05/01/2000||Simon Steele||Click Here|
|Perl||08/02/2003||Weyert R. de Boer &
Skip to: schemes
Using plugins programmers gain access to the workings of PN, and can adapt it to their own purposes providing functions that Echo Software has not / cannot! Plugins are basically DLLs which Programmer’s Notepad calls at pre-determined times.
The Plugin SDK defines the plugin interface for PN 1. We have successfully developed plugins in both Delphi and Visual C++ using
The Plugin SDK
Schemes define the way that languages are highlighted in Programmer’s Notepad.
Version 1 uses TSyntaxMemo, a Delphi component, to provide syntax highlighting. Schemes are defined using TSyntaxMemo syntax scripts. You can download a “Scheme SDK” to help you make these scripts, and a compiler for the scripts which will produce the proper scheme files for you and provide error information.